At Dance Base we aim to build, support and nurture the national and international success of Scotland-based dance artists.
Alongside the vital studio space and performance platforms Dance Base offers, our team are also here to provide robust, free-to-access, personal advice and practical support for dance and movement artists across the country.
The Programme is free to access and open to anyone in Scotland who considers themselves a professional dance artist. Support includes:
- 1-1 producing surgeries with the Dance Base’s Head of Professional Programme
- 1-1 artistic surgeries with Dance Base’s Artistic Director
- Private coaching sessions
- Direction to other avenues of support, development and opportunities available
This programme isn’t just for those who are making and choreographing work. We are here for artists working in any area of dance and movement so if you are a teacher, working in creative learning or engagement work, or a dancer in a company, and looking to have a chat through your ideas please do get in touch.
To ensure our support is fully accessible to anyone who would like to use it:
- All surgery sessions will be free to attend
- All surgery sessions can be delivered in person or online via Zoom so that you can take part wherever you are
- BSL interpretation will be available on request for Surgery sessions
If you have a specific access need or query, please contact us so we can best understand how to make adjustments for you.
If you have any questions about the programme or how to access it please contact Kirsty Somerville, Head of Professional Programme at Kirsty.Somerville@dancebase.co.uk
1-1 Producing Surgeries
Our team are here to provide free, confidential 1-1 Producing Surgeries covering all aspects of the production process, from initial ideas and fundraising, to budgeting and planning.
Coaching for Dance Artists
We offer free, confidential, career coaching to help artist prioritise space for active reflection and map their route forward.