Update on the Autumn Professional Programme
The Scottish Government has advised that dance studios can reopen from the 31st August with safety measures in place. While this is exciting news and a great step forward, the current guidance and necessary restrictions means that our Autumn programme for professional dance artists will look slightly different:
- Our Autumn artist residency programme will go ahead as planned in two Studios. This term is programmed with artists whose weeks were postponed from the Spring & Summer - we thank them for their patience and flexibility. We are putting strict safety measures in place and will respond to the current Government advice. Each artist will receive a studio agreement detailing the specific measures in place at the time of their residency in advance and we will work with them to ensure that they can work safely.
- Company Class will be cancelled for the Autumn term though residency artists are encouraged to share elements of their practice digitally to continue a conversation with the sector. These materials will be shared on our website.
- Company Sharing's will be optional and conducted digitally with recorded performances, blog posts and conversations, all of which will be shared on our website. In person sharing's may be possible later in the term but will only be held if safe to do so.
- Professional Class is currently on pause for the Autumn term though it may resume later in the year. Due to social distancing guidance we can only provide in person class to very limited numbers and contact and travelling options are limited so we are still investigating how we can make this safe, accessible and valuable.
- Studio space will not be available for hire at the moment. We are looking at how we can make this possible with the new restrictions and will update when we can offer this again.
- Catalyst is back up and running digitally. Bush Hartshorn is available for meetings and conversations to explore your practice and plans A, B, C, D & E during this uncertain time. Book by emailing Kirsty@dancebase.co.uk
If you have any questions about any element of the professional programme at Dance Base this Autumn please contact Kirsty Somerville, Programmes Manager, on Kirsty@dancebase.co.uk We hope to be able to resume our full programme in the new year and will update once we know more.