Join us in celebrating diversity at Dance Base, as we are launching our Safe Space campaign, this Spring!
Safe Space Commitments
• Let’s be aware of those around us
• Let’s be respectful of each other’s physical and emotional boundaries
• Let’s conduct ourselves in a positive and respectful manner
• Let’s listen to each other
• Let’s not make assumptions about another person’s gender, preferred pronouns (they/she/he), sexuality, disability, ethnic identity, or life experiences
• Let’s communicate respectfully, even when challenged on our behaviour
To make and keep up Dance Base as a creative, fun, respectful, no-bullying and Safe Space for people of ALL abilities, genders, backgrounds, ages, shapes, and cultures to enjoy.
How you can support us this term and, of course, going forward:
• Take photos and post them on social media using the #DBSafeSpace hashtag
We're setting up some photo backgrounds in the central foyer. Please take some snaps of yourselves in front of these and show your support for diversity at Dance Base. Post these on social media, using the #DBSafeSpace hashtag, and tagging @DanceBase on Twitter and @DanceBaseScotland on Facebook, or send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Take part in our commitments to make sure everyone can dance and dance is for everyone!
For more info, visit our Safe Space pages, call reception on 0131 225 5525, or see us at the Grassmarket.