Level: Online Drop-in 60min Online Class Instructor: Chris Stuart-Wilson
Join me as I create space in my living room for us to head back in time and do the ultimate fun retro dance workout! With a fantastic playlist of hits, and some choreography that will have your neighbours joining in, let’s dance like Tom Cruise in Risky Business... with more clothes on.
Monday - Retro Dance Party: Get Physical
A fun dance workout to a continuous play of pop music from the 70s and 80s
Tuesday - Musical Madness
Learn a routine to different musicals
Wednesday - Roaring Dance Party
A workshop of styles from the 1920s-40s
Thursday - Dance Juke Box
Could be anything - turn up for an element of surprise!
Friday - Retro Dance Party: Guilty Pleasures
Learn routines to songs you’re desperate to dance to but embarrassed to say out loud.
Before the class:
• Classes are currently free to book, as part of our free pilot programme of online classes, building toward a more extensive programme.
• Bookings for online classes close 30mins before the start time of the class, please sign up in good time.
• We have a limited number of spaces in each class, so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you change your mind or are unable to attend your class, this will allow someone else to access the class in your space.
• Classes will be streamed on Zoom. Please make sure you can access zoom.us, and download the app if you can.
• You will be sent the link to your class approximately 20 mins before the start time of the class. Please contact email@example.com if you haven’t received your link (and it’s definitely not in your junk folder!)
• You will need to sign in to Zoom with an email address to access the link.
• You can access the link up to 15 minutes before the class start time (this gives you time to get all your tech sorted and get settled in your home studio!)
• When you join the class, please keep your camera on if you’re happy to. This allows the teacher to respond and feel the energy of the class! And they can give you feedback and encouragement. If you would much prefer not to, select camera and then turn it off.
• Please keep your microphones muted during the lesson. Our moderator will be able to do this for you too.
• Please make sure you Zoom user name reflects the account name you have used to sign up to the class (on Mindbody) so that we are able to sign you in to the class. You can check and update your Zoom name as soon as you are accepted into the class. (If you are not happy to use your name on Zoom you can send Dance Base a message in the chat box to let us know who you are!
• Please do not record the class in any way.
• Dance Base is the ‘host’ for each Zoom call, not the teacher. There will be someone from Dance Base moderating in every class and they will be very happy to help you with any technical questions or problems. Please use the chat function to ‘contact the host’.
• If you would like to ask any questions about the class, you can type them in the chat box at the side of the video call. Your teacher will try to look at these when they can, and they will tell you how and when they plan to answer questions within the class.
• If you ask a tech question in the chat box Dance Base will reply to you directly so as not to disturb the rest of the class.
In the class:
• Make sure you have enough clear space around you so that you can reach out with your arms and legs in all directions without touching anything.
• Wear comfortable clothing.
• For your ballet class, you will need something to use for a barre. This could be your kitchen worktop or a windowsill. If you are using the back of a chair, make sure that it is sturdy and heavy enough that it will not move when you put pressure on it.
• If you are dancing on a carpet, please wear socks or soft dance shoes. If you are dancing on a smooth surface like tiles or wood, you can have bare feet, socks, or soft dance shoes.
• For Hip Hop or Retro classes please wear trainers.
• Please take responsibility for your own safety and do what feels good for your own body.
• We will send you a short feedback form after your class and we would really appreciate it if you could share your thoughts and experiences. We’re all still learning and adapting to this new way of working!