Thu 26 Oct | 11.00 – 12.30 | Free
Dance Base Marketing & Communications Officer, Mira Knoche invites you to this skills sharing session on how social media platforms can be used effectively to promote your work as an artist. Topics and questions, we will look at include:
· brainstorming dance artist’s/company’s core values and messages
· developing an authentic and confident voice based on own values and messages
· identifying and setting up the right online platforms based on values and audiences
· finding good examples/digital role models for inspiration
· the power of good images
· creating online video content
· connecting with others (following and tagging/supporting organisations, venues/promoters, peers, potential advocates)
· building an intriguing narrative online
· creating a manageable social media plan
· Q&A / skills sharing
The session will include a short presentation, some exercises on drafting content and an open Q&A discussion. The aim is to give participants an insight into effective social media activity from the perspective of a venue, the opportunity to ask questions, share experiences and leave the session with a small personal action plan.
This session is aimed at people working in the dance sector.
To book your place, email firstname.lastname@example.org.