Tuesday 30 January | 11.00-13.00 | Free
This skill-sharing session, with Dance Base Press & Communications Officer Joy Parkinson, outlines how to write an effective press release and gives an overview of a successful PR campaign.
This session is for those working within the dance sector who are looking to maximise the promotion of their company, work or event.
> how to write a simple but effective press release
- Creating copy that fits within a good news writing format
- Addressing the four ‘W’s’
- Considering headlines, layout and structure
> what the press and media require from a PR
- Compiling a press release, and related information such as rehearsal shots, production photographs and multimedia content
> how to approach the media
- Pitching with the right people in mind
- Creating longstanding relationships through good PR practice
Please note that this session will include writing exercises and, alongside the workshops, will include a discussion with a Q&A before ending.
Should you wish to book onto the workshop, please email email@example.com by 11.00 on Friday 26 January.