Marketing & Communications Officer
Marketing & Communications Officer
Dance Base, Scotland's National Centre for Dance, is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Marketing and Communications Officer to join our team and help plan, develop and distribute engaging content through our online and offline channels.
With a creative outlook and a passion for dance, you will bring digital communications experience and skills along with the commitment and ability to help us deliver our ambitions. You will work with the Head of Marketing and Development and wider team to support promotion of all projects by creating high quality and timely content that works across a range of platforms.
- - Supporting the Head of Marketing & Development in setting strategic marketing goals for the organisation, and developing the brand identity, website, social media and other tools to deliver this
- - In collaboration with the Head of Marketing & Development, establishing new brand guidelines and a style guide for the organisation and ensuring it is used properly across all media
- - Working within the overall marketing budget, helping to set discrete project budgets, and ensuring that costs are properly managed and recorded
- - Generating multi-platform content and collateral for all marketing, communications and fundraising campaigns, as directed by the Head of Marketing & Development
- - Helping to plan and create engaging content for Dance Base’s digital channels.
- - Managing a content schedule to ensure timely promotion of all projects
- - Updating social media channels and overseeing the community management of these platforms
- - Monitoring and reporting on digital performance using analytics
- - Working with the organisation’s CRM system and monitoring sales for commercial activity, reporting and responding creatively when additional marketing efforts are needed to support projects
- Filming residency showings when required and helping with the archive and upload of those recordings
Press & Communications
- - Working with the Head of Marketing and Development and PR agencies to jointly plan campaigns and evaluate coverage
- - Ensuring that all organisational communications are in line with the style guide and fit with the established voice and identity of Dance Base
Other duties include:
- - Supporting the Head of Marketing & Development to identify potential funders (corporate, government, trusts and foundations, individuals) and helping to develop bids and applications
- - Supporting the delivery of high-quality customer service and safety as required, this will, on occasion, include direct support to the Customer Service team at times of demand and in response to changes in requirements for customer safety
- - Attending briefings, planning and reporting meetings as required
- Abiding by the terms of Dance Base’s Health and Safety, and Equalities, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) policies at all times
This Job Description is intended as a guide to the nature of the work required of this position, it is neither comprehensive nor restricted and is subject to review.
Skills and Experience
- - 2 years’ experience in a marketing, communications or fundraising role, preferably within dance, the arts or events industries
- - Experience of using a website content management system
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong written communication skills and an eye for detail
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment
- Active knowledge of social media platforms and current best practice for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Ability to work flexibly across a wide range of activities
- - Knowledge of MindBody bookings system
- - Knowledge of Red 61’s VIA ticketing software
- - Experience with working with audio and video editing packages
- - Ability to work flexibly across a wide range of activities
Terms and conditions:
Salary: £20,400 per year for a 40-hour working week
Overtime: No overtime is payable but will be given as Time off in Lieu in line with Dance Base’s TOIL policy
Contract: Permanent, with a six-month probation period
Holidays: 22 days paid holiday per year plus 10 designated public holidays
Place of work: Dance Base, 14-16 Grassmarket, Edinburgh. However, working from home is currently expected and encouraged in accordance with government safety restrictions.
How to Apply:
To apply for the post, please complete the application form and Equal Opportunity form and send via email to: email@example.com with your name and ‘MCC21’ in the subject line. Please note, CVs will not be accepted.
If you require the application form or job description in a different format (eg. printed, large print, plain text etc.), please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12 noon Monday 17 May 2021
Dance Base is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting diverse, equal and inclusive spaces and welcome applications from people of all sectors of the community.