Dance Base is recruiting for a Finance and Administration Officer (Maternity Cover)
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for working to achieve Dance Base’s overall mission statement and organisational aims, and for supporting the work of various departments. Duties include: bookkeeping, recording of all transactions and managing/ reconciling bank statements, preparing the weekly payroll and responding to incoming finance enquiries. You will also be a driving force for internal Dance Base groups – the Green Team and the Equalities Team.
Principal duties include:
• Recording of, and accounting for, the company’s finances through the Sage Line 50 accounting programme.
• Ensuring prompt and accurate payments of Dance Base creditors in line with company payment policies together with emailing/posting remittances.
• Managing a clear, effective and up-to-date filing system for invoices/card receipts and all financial paperwork.
• Raising VAT sales invoices, when required.
• Managing, running and recording all aspects of weekly payroll and if required monthly payroll for around 30 people.
• Monitoring, and accurate recording, of grant instalments, box office income and other income.
• Cashflow management.
• Administration of petty cash.
• Management of bank function, as well as suppliers and customer ledgers.
• Providing updates on actual income and expenditure for individual budget holders.
• Preparing detailed monthly bank reconciliations.
• Attending and taking minutes for meetings of the Board of Directors and distributing these in a timely manner.
• Ensuring the office environment is organised and tidy at all times, including: monitoring and ordering supplies of stationery, toner, first aid supplies and other consumables in conjunction with the General Manager.
• Assist with Dance Base HR Function including proof contracts, job adverts, polices, GDPR etc.
• Providing support to the fundraising function, sourcing potential funds and providing support to the application processes.
• Assisting the General Manager with the external hires function, when required.
Dance Base Sustainability:
• To act as lead on both the Equalities and Environmental Teams, reviewing and updating the EDI plan and progressing Green Team initiatives.
• Tracking and monitoring staff travel CO2 emissions
• Lead contact for Disability Confident/ Department for work and Pensions.
• Collecting monitoring data of job applicants
• Collecting monitoring data of staff for annual statistical review.
• Collecting data and submitting the Annual Carbon Management Plan.
Other duties include:
• To attend staff, operations meetings and other planning and reporting meetings as required.
• To abide by the terms of Dance Base’s Handbook including Dance Base’s Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities policies at all times.
• To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required of the Head of Finance and General Manager.
This Job Description is intended as a guide to the nature of the work required of this position, it is neither comprehensive nor restricted and is subject to review.
Essential qualities required:
• Working knowledge of Sage Line 50 or equivalent programme
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• A passion for equalities and the environment
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• An ability to work to deadlines
• Good team working and communication skills
Desirable qualities required:
• Experience of working for a charitable or not-for-profit organisation
• Experience with Box Office systems
• An interest in the arts
Terms and conditions:
Salary: £21,000 per annum
Hours & place of work: 40 hours per week, Dance Base, Edinburgh.
Contract: Fixed Term until 31st January 2021
Holidays: 32 days paid holiday per year pro-rata with 10 designated public holidays.
Overtime: No overtime is payable but will be given as Time off in Lieu with the
agreement of your Line Manager.
Or send your application forms in via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and ‘FAO19’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is Monday 21 October at 10.00.
Please note, CVs will not be accepted.
We look forward to receiving your application and thank you for your interest in Dance Base
Dance Base is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sectors of the community.