Dance Base is situated in the historic Grassmarket district of Edinburgh. The building is set over the first and second floors of a building in the centre of a bustling and vibrant area of the city, tucked right underneath Edinburgh Castle. At Dance Base, we have:
- Four purpose-built dance studios, each with sprung dance floor, barres, mirrors and a sound system
- Public changing facilities and toilets, including lockers
- A reception area with seating and friendly Dance Base staff to welcome you
- Two further foyer/waiting areas with seating
- An office space, kitchen, meeting room and green room for staff and teachers
The venue has a lift or level access to all areas of the building.
Accessible toilets and changing facilities can be found opposite reception and next to the main changing rooms at the rear of the building.
Fixed induction loops are provided at the reception counter and in studio two, three and four. A portable induction loop is available for use in other areas of the building. It can be borrowed from reception.
To get the best experience at Dance Base, please tell us what you need before you visit. To speak to someone at Dance Base, you can contact us by phone or email. If you’d prefer to book an appointment, please contact us via email or give us a call on 0131 225 5525.