terms & conditions
terms & conditions
Dance Base is a company limited by guarantee (registered in Scotland No. SC145736) and a registered charity (No. SC025512).
Throughout these terms and conditions when we refer to ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘the Company’ etc. we are referring to Dance Base and dancebase.co.uk. When we refer to ‘you’ we are referring to the user or browser of this website, or the class/workshop/performance/event paying participant.
These are the Terms and Conditions of use of the Dance Base website dancebase.co.uk (“the website”) operated by Dance Base Ltd (“Dance Base”). This forms a legally binding contract between us and you which is effective from the date of your first use of the website. By browsing or using the website you are accepting these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions or any part of them, you should stop using the website immediately.
- Dance Base will not be liable for any losses incurred by you in connection with your use of the website, for any delay in using or your inability to use the website, for any information or products obtained through the website or for any material posted to the website by users of the website.
- Dance Base’s website is for your own personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from the website.
- All contents of the website, including any software, are protected by intellectual property rights and other related rights. No part of the website may be reproduced in any form (electronically or otherwise) without prior consent of Dance Base other than temporarily in the course of using online ticket booking.
- You are not permitted to link to or use all or any part of Dance Base’s website for any reason which is unlawful, defamatory, harmful, obscene or objectionable and, in particular, you are not permitted to transmit anything which in Dance Base's opinion harms our business or in any way offends other users or persons.
- Dance Base cannot be held responsible for the content of any third party sites directly or indirectly linked to us. Access to these sites is at your own risk. Please advise us if you consider any linked pages to be inappropriate illegal or offensive.
- Dance Base makes no representation, endorsement or warranty as to the accuracy of the information contained in the website. To the best of our knowledge the information on the website is accurate and correct. We reserve the right to cancel or change the time of any class, workshop, performance, event or studio showing and will do our best to keep the information on the website accurate and up to date.
- Like all web publishers, Dance Base has no control over the Internet and the method by which you access the website. As a consequence and in common with most web publishers Dance Base takes no responsibility for service interruption or the transmission of viruses or other malicious computer code through the website.
- You are not permitted to alter Dance Base’s website in any way or post onto or transmit to the site, any material containing software viruses or files which may damage or disrupt the good working order of computer or telecommunications equipment.
These terms and conditions relate to the booking of, online, over the phone or in Dance Base, and attendance of courses, drop-in classes, workshops and performances
- All courses are non-refundable. Refunds will only be issued in the unlikely event of cancellation of a class or workshop by Dance Base and will not be issued for situations out with our control.
- If you wish to change or cancel a class, Dance Base must be informed by the end of the second week of term. When cancelling a class, credit will be issued for the remaining number of weeks less a £5 administration charge. Credit will be valid for two further terms.
- Double booking will incur a £5 administration fee.
- Drop-in classes booked online are non-refundable. Refunds will only be issued in the unlikely event of cancellation of a class or workshop by Dance Base and will not be issued for situations out with our control.
- Concession prices are available to anyone who is receiving income support or Jobseekers Allowance, a student, under 24, over 60, disabled, entertainment union member or a Big Issue Vendor. Concessionary rates cannot be given without proof of eligibility.
- Please ensure that you arrive in plenty of time for your class/workshop/performance/event, as latecomers may not be admitted.
- Participants take classes at their own risk. Please inform reception and your teacher of any medical condition that may affect your participation. We may require a doctor’s confirmation that your participation is approved.
- Dance Base will not be liable in any way if a performance, class or workshop is abandoned after more than half of it has taken place due to any factors which are beyond our reasonable control. Without limiting the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond our reasonable control: (i) Acts of God, which include earthquakes, cyclones, storms, flooding, fire, disease, fog, snow or frost; (ii) Force Majeure which includes war, accidents, acts of public enemies, strikes, embargoes, perils of the air, local disputes and civil commotions; (iii) Power failure and failure of sound or lighting equipment.
These terms and conditions relate to paying by instalments:
- All customers paying by instalments must provide their full name, postal address and current telephone number, completion of your online transaction is taken as confirmation of the agreement.
- If you’re booking on behalf of someone else, you can pay for their course by instalments too but only by using your own credit/debit card.
- The normal refunds & exchanges policy still applies when paying by instalments
- You must pay all of the instalments regardless of whether or not you complete the course or receive a credit.
- With Dance Base Limited. First payment taken with Merchant No: 41246523. Recurring payments taken with Merchant No: 54269183.
- The customer authorises Dance Base to charge their card with the specified amounts on the given dates detailed on the product details page in respect of their dance course.
- The customer understands that this authority in favour of Dance Base Limited will remain in force until such time as they cancel it in writing to Dance Base Limited.
- The customer understands that the standard Dance Base refund policy still applies and that even if a credit is issued for any part of the course they must still make all of the repayments according to the agreed schedule.